Tuesday, June 4, 2013

To the 2013 Graduates!


This moment will never happen again...Exactly 20 years ago I was in the same position you are presently in. I have attached a picture of me with Broadway Musical Star Carl Anderson. He played Judas Iscariot in the Andrew Lloyd Webber Rock Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar. In 1993 I was honored to see this performance live, go back stage to meet the cast, and spend some extended time with Carl. The thing he told me as I was planning on going to Broadway myself was... "Whatever you do, sell out to it!" This applies to the next phases of life you all will encounter- College, employment, marriage, children, faith, ANYTHING! Carl performed for tens of millions of fans all across the globe, and his formula for success as a film and theater actor was... Sell out to all that you do, and do nothing half way... This is my message for the graduating class of 2013. And though I chose a different path than Broadway, I still apply Carl's message to my life 20 Years later... it works! God Bless. CL~


No comments:

Post a Comment