Monday, February 22, 2010

Reaching Out!



Throughout 2009 and into 2010 I have been compelled to do something to help this current generation of children and teenagers. Labels for kids have become as common as our next breath. I am concerned about what can be done to help students aside from isolating and medicating them. Who will be a voice among this generation and tell them to "take out a mirror?" Who will challenge them to choose the path that is not directed by video games, cell phones, and face book?


I have been blessed to speak to many students and staff over the years, but I have a more specific mission this year. If I can help one child or teenager who is struggling with life and finding little value in themselves realize they still have a choice... a choice to succeed...I will be fulfilled.


My message is simple: " This next generation can blame everyone else for their short-comings and failures or they can choose to change course...today!" The choice is theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment